At the Credentials step of the wizard, specify credentials for a user account with administrator privileges on the storage system.
- From the Credentials list, select credentials to connect to the storage system. If you have not set up credentials beforehand, click the Manage accounts link or click Add on the right of the Credentials field to add the credentials. For more information, see Managing Credentials.
The user account that you select must have Administrator or Power User permissions on the Nimble storage system.
- [For Nimble OS 2.3 and later] Veeam Backup & Replication uses Nimble RESTful API to communicate with the storage system. By default, commands to the RESTful API server are sent over port 5392. If you use another port for Nimble RESTful API, you can change the port number.
- [For Nimble OS 2.3] When you add a storage system to the backup infrastructure, Veeam Backup & Replication saves a fingerprint of the SSH key of the management server to the configuration database. During every subsequent connection to the server, Veeam Backup & Replication uses the saved fingerprint to verify the server identity and avoid man-in-the-middle attacks.
To let you identify the server, Veeam Backup & Replication displays the SSH key fingerprint:
- If you trust the server and want to connect to it, click Yes.
- If you do not trust the server, click No. Veeam Backup & Replication will display an error message, and you will not be able to connect to the server.
If you update the SSH key on the server, you must acknowledge the new key in the server connection settings. To do this, in the Storage Infrastructure view right-click the storage system, select Edit storage, pass through the Edit Server wizard and click Trust to acknowledge the new key.