Step 3. Specify Credentials
At the Credentials step of the wizard, specify credentials for a user account with administrator privileges on the storage system.
- From the Credentials list, select credentials to connect to the storage system. If you have not set up credentials beforehand, click the Manage accounts link or click Add on the right of the Credentials field to add the credentials. For more information, see Managing Credentials.
- When you add a storage system, Veeam Backup & Replication saves to the configuration database a thumbprint of the TLS certificate installed on the Cisco HyperFlex RESTful API server. During every subsequent connection to the server, Veeam Backup & Replication uses the saved thumbprint to verify the server identity and avoid the man-in-the-middle attack.
If the certificate installed on the server is not trusted, Veeam Backup & Replication displays a warning.
- To view detailed information about the certificate, click View.
- If you trust the server, click Continue.
- If you do not trust the server, click Cancel.
Veeam Backup & Replication will display an error message, and you will not be able to connect to the server.
If you update the certificate on the server, you must acknowledge the new certificate in the server connection settings. To do this, in the Storage Infrastructure view right-click the storage system, select Edit storage, pass through the Edit Server wizard and click Trust to acknowledge the new certificate.