Before You Begin
Before you start unattended installation, perform the following steps:
- [For backup server] Manually install Microsoft SQL Server and software components required for the backup server operation. For more information, see Backup Server in System Requirements.
- [For Veeam Explorers] Make sure that the version of a Veeam Explorer that you plan to install matches the version of the Veeam Backup & Replication console on the target machine.
- [For Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager server] Manually install Microsoft SQL Server and software components required for the operation of the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager server. For more information, see the System Requirements section of the Enterprise Manager User Guide.
- Download the Veeam Backup & Replication installation image from the Veeam website. You can burn the downloaded image to a flash drive or mount the image to the target machine using disk image emulation software.
- Log on to the target machine under the account that has the local Administrator permissions on the machine. For more information, see Required Permissions.
- Obtain a license file. The license file is required for Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager installation and is optional for Veeam Backup & Replication installation. If you do not specify a path to the license file during Veeam Backup & Replication installation, Veeam Backup & Replication will operate in the Community Edition mode.