Performing Application Restore
Veeam Backup & Replication provides auxiliary tools — Veeam Explorers — that allow you to restore application items directly from image-level backups of VM instances. For more information on Veeam Explorers, see the Veeam Explorers User Guide.
You can restore items of the following applications:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle Database
To restore application items from image-level backups of VM instances, do the following:
- Launch the restore wizard:
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, open the Home view.
- Navigate to Backups > External Repository.
- Expand the backup policy that protects a VM instance whose application item you want to restore, and select the necessary VM instance.
- Click Application Items on the ribbon and select the necessary application.
- Complete the restore wizard:
- At the Restore Point step of the wizard, select a restore point or the latest available backup from which you want to restore application items.
- At the Reason step of the wizard, specify a reason for future reference.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review summary information and click Browse.
Veeam Backup & Replication will open the Veeam Explorer console to select the application that will allow you to restore application items from the selected restore point.