Step 5. Specify Instance Types
[This step is available if you have selected the Restore to a new location, or with different settings option at the Restore Mode step of the wizard.]
At the SQL Instance step of the wizard, you can specify machine types and names for the restored Cloud SQL instances.
- In the SQL Instance list, select the necessary Cloud SQL instance and click Type.
- From the Instance type drop-down list, select a machine type for the restored Cloud SQL instance. Note that the selected machine type must be available in the zone where the Cloud SQL instance will be restored.
To learn how to choose the machine type when creating a Cloud SQL instance in Google Cloud, see the Machine families section in Google Cloud documentation.
- From the Disk type drop-down list, select a disk type with which a machine will be created.
- In the Disk size field, specify the storage capacity for a new machine.
- If you want the storage capacity to increase automatically to fit the instance size, select the Enable automatic disk expansion check box. Note that the amount of storage capacity allocated to the Cloud SQL instance affects its cost.
To learn how to configure storage settings when creating a Cloud SQL instance in Google Cloud, see Google Cloud documentation.
- In the SQL Instances list, select the necessary Cloud SQL instance and click Name. In the Change Name window, do one of the following:
- If you selected one Cloud SQL instance, specify a name under which the Cloud SQL instance will be restored.
- If you selected multiple Cloud SQL instances, specify a prefix or suffix that will be added to the original instance names. For this, select the necessary check box and type the text to be added.