Limitations and Considerations
In this article
Before you back up an appliance configuration, mind the following limitations and considerations:
- To back up the configuration of Veeam Backup for Google Cloud appliances, you must enable backup file encryption in the configuration backup settings. Otherwise, Veeam Backup & Replication will back up only the backup server configuration. For more information, see the Creating Encrypted Configuration Backups section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- You cannot store configuration backups in scale-out backup repositories, object storage repositories, Veeam Cloud Connect repositories and external repositories.
- If an appliance is unavailable or is not upgraded to the major version compared to the version that Veeam Backup for Google Cloud supports, the appliance configuration is excluded from the backup. For example, if Google Cloud Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication supports Veeam Backup for Google Cloud 3.0 and an appliance version is 2.0, the appliance configuration is skipped.
- During configuration backup, Veeam Backup & Replication processes three appliances at once and starts to process the next appliance as soon as one of those three appliances has already been processed.
- To enable loss protection, you can use the Enterprise Manager that can decrypt backup files. For more information, see Managing Encryption Keys section in the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager Guide.