Limitations and Considerations
If you plan to back up the configuration of a managed Veeam Backup for Google Cloud appliance, keep in mind the following limitations and considerations:
- You must enable backup file encryption in the configuration backup settings. Otherwise, Veeam Backup & Replication will back up only the backup server configuration.
To learn how to create encrypted configuration backups, see the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Creating Encrypted Configuration Backups.
- You cannot store configuration backups in scale-out backup repositories and external repositories.
- For Veeam Backup & Replication to be able to back up the appliance configuration, the Veeam Backup for Google Cloud appliance must be available and must run a Veeam Backup for Google Cloud version that is compatible with the Veeam Backup & Replication version.
For the list of compatible versions, see System Requirements.
- During configuration backup, Veeam Backup & Replication can process only 3 appliances at a time — the appliances exceeding this limit are queued.
- To enable data loss protection in case you lose or forget the password used for data encryption, you can use Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager to decrypt backup files.
To learn how to let Veeam Backup & Replication encrypt and decrypt data with Enterprise Manager, see the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager Guide, section Managing Encryption Keys.