Search for Backed-Up Items
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 REST API allows you to search for items in backups of Microsoft Office 365 organization data. You can perform the following search operations:
- Search for Microsoft Exchange items in mailboxes and mailbox folders
- Search for Microsoft OneDrive for Business items in entire OneDrive storage and specific OneDrive folders
- Search for Microsoft SharePoint items in SharePoint sites, folders, libraries and lists
- Search for Microsoft Teams items in organizations, teams, channels, tabs, folders and posts
To search for items, use a POST HTTPS request of the following format:
where <path_to_resource> is a path to the resource that represents an object (for example, a mailbox, folder, site, library or list) where you want to search for backed-up items.
In the body of the request, provide the search action property with query parameters that define search criteria. Available query parameters differ for different type of items: Exchange items, SharePoint items and OneDrive for Business items.
For more information about request syntax and query parameters for specific search operations, see the following sections:
Search for Microsoft Exchange Items
Search for Microsoft OneDrive Items
Search for Microsoft SharePoint Items
- Searching for SharePoint Items in SharePoint Sites
- Searching for SharePoint Documents in SharePoint Folders
- Searching for SharePoint Documents in SharePoint Libraries
- Searching for SharePoint Items in SharePoint Lists
Search for Microsoft Teams Items
- Searching for Teams Items In Organization Backups
- Searching for Teams Items in Teams
- Searching for Teams Items in Channels
- Searching for Tabs
- Searching for Files
- Searching for Posts
For search of Microsoft Office 365 items, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 uses the Windows Search functionality. In a query string provided in the body of a search request, you can specify search parameters in the form of canonical names (for example, System.Message.FromAddress and System.Message.ToAddress) or their shortcuts (for example, from and to). For a full list of search parameters supported in Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, see Appendix A. Item Search Parameters.
The following example shows a request used to search for email messages in a mailbox. The request is used to search for messages sent from a specified sender to a specified recipient.
Authorization: Bearer <Access-Token>
"query": "from: user_X to: user_Y"