You can logically group specific Collectors into monitoring groups in the Veeam UI. The Veeam All Objects in Belgium Monitoring Group MP dynamically includes objects discovered on these Collectors into groups in the Ops Mgr console. You can later use Ops Mgr User Roles to give users different permissions to see objects in that group.
If you need to create another group, except Belgium, you will also need to modify the Veeam.All.Objects.in.Belgium.Monitoring.Group.xml by replacing all “Belgium” text by the name of the corresponding monitoring group in the Veeam UI.
In the xml code, only alphanumeric characers in monitoring group names are allowed, no space characters are supported.
- Create a monitoring group (in this example — the Belgium monitoring group) in the Veeam UI.
- Move the required Collectors to the monitoring group.
- Import the Veeam All Objects in Belgium Monitoring Group MP.
The Veeam.All.Objects.in.Belgium.Monitoring.Group.xml will create two groups in the Ops Mgr console:
- Veeam Objects in Belgium Monitoring Group includes all objects from the Belgium monitoring group in the Veeam UI.
- Veeam vCenter objects in Belgium Monitoring Group includes a vCenter Server from the Belgium monitoring group in the Veeam UI.
After you import the MP, the Belgium Monitoring Group topology view will become available in the root Monitoring folder. The topology will be populated with objects from the Belgium monitoring group.