Creating Backup Policies
When you create a backup policy, Veeam Backup & Replication redirects you to the Veeam Backup for AWS Web UI where you can add a backup policy directly to Veeam Backup for AWS. For more information on the backup policies, see the following sections in the Veeam Backup for AWS User Guide:
- EC2 backup policies
- RDS backup policies (backup policies for DB instances and Aurora DB clusters)
- EFS backup policies
VPC backup policy is created automatically on the Veeam Backup for AWS appliance. That is why you can only manage this policy: edit, enable and disable. For more information on VPC backup policy, see the Performing VPC Configuration Backup section in the Veeam Backup for AWS User Guide.
To create backup policies:
- Launch the Add Policy wizard using one of the following instructions:
- On the Home tab, navigate to Backup Job > AWS and click EC2, RDS or EFS.
- Open the Home view. In the inventory pane, right-click the Jobs node and select Backup > AWS, then click EC2, RDS or EFS.
If you have several Veeam Backup for AWS appliances added to the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure, select the necessary appliance under the EC2, RDS or EFS node.
- Follow the instructions provided in one of the following sections in the Veeam Backup for AWS User Guide: