Performing Application Restore
Veeam Backup & Replication provides auxiliary tools — Veeam Explorers — that allow you to restore application items directly from image-level backups of EC2 instances. For more information on Veeam Explorers, see the Veeam Explorers User Guide.
You can restore items of the following applications:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle Database
To restore application items from image-level backups of EC2 instances, do the following:
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, open the Home view.
- Navigate to Backups > External Repository.
- Expand the backup policy that protects an EC2 instance whose application item you want to restore, select the necessary EC2 instance and click Application Items on the ribbon. Then, select the necessary application.
- Complete the restore wizard:
- At the Restore Point step of the wizard, select a restore point or latest available backup from which you want to restore application items.
- At the Reason step of the wizard, specify a reason for future reference.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review summary information and click Browse.
Veeam Backup & Replication will open the Veeam Explorer console to select the application that will allow you to restore application items from the selected restore point.
The backup from which you want to restore application items must be transactionally consistent. To learn how to create transactionally consistent backups, see the Veeam Backup for AWS User Guide, section Creating EC2 Backup Policies.