Restoring Application Items
Veeam Backup & Replication provides auxiliary tools called Veeam Explorers that allow you to restore application items directly from image-level backups of Amazon EC2 instances. These backups must be created with the enabled application-aware processing option.
You can restore items of the following applications:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle Database
To restore application items from backups of EC2 instances:
- Launch the restore wizard. To do that, open the Home view. In the inventory pane, navigate to Backups > External Repository. In the working area, select the necessary backup of an EC2 instance, click Application Items on the ribbon and select the necessary application.
- Complete the restore wizard. To extract the application databases from the backup and open it in the Veeam Explorer, perform the following steps:
- At the Restore Point step of the wizard, select a restore point from which you want to restore application items.
- At the Reason step of the wizard, enter the information on the restore reason for future reference.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review the information on the EC2 instance whose application items you want to restore.
Veeam Backup & Replication will open the Veeam Explorer console to select the application that will allow you to restore application items from the selected backup or snapshot.
Mind the following: