Step 7. Specify Credentials
At the Guest OS step of the wizard, specify guest OS credentials for the EC2 instance where Veeam Backup for AWS will be deployed:
- From the Create the following administrator credentials drop-down list, select credentials that will be used to authenticate against the Veeam Backup for AWS appliance. The user created with the specified credentials will be assigned the Portal Administrator role. For more information on roles, see Managing Permissions in the Veeam Backup for AWS User Guide.
If you have not added credentials beforehand, click Manage accounts or Add to add the necessary credentials. For more information on adding credentials, see the Cloud Credentials Manager section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
The specified password must contain at least one special character, one lowercase and one uppercase letters, and must not contain monotonic sequence characters. The password length must be between 8 and 255 characters.
- In the Use the following key pair field, select a key pair that will be used to authenticate against the Veeam Backup for AWS appliance. If you have not added a key pair beforehand, you can create it.
To create a new key pair:
- Click Add.
- In the New Key Pair window, specify the following settings:
- In the Name section, specify a name for the key pair.
- In the Path section, specify the path to the folder where the private key will be located.