Before you uninstall AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication, it is recommended to remove all connected Veeam Backup for AWS appliances from the backup infrastructure. If you keep the backup appliances in the backup infrastructure, the following will happen:
- You will be able to see information on snapshots of EC2 instances, RDS resources, backups of EFS file systems and backups of VPC configurations in the Veeam Backup & Replication console. However, you will not be able to perform any operations with these snapshots and backups.
- You will be able to see information on image-level backups of EC2 instances and perform data recovery operations using these backups. However, restore of entire EC2 instances to AWS will start working as described in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section How Restore to Amazon EC2 Works.
- You will be able to see information on backup policies. However, you will only be able to remove these policies from the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
To uninstall AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication, do the following:
- Log in to the backup server using an account with local Administrator permissions.
- Open the Start menu, navigate to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- In the program list, click AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication and click Uninstall.
- In the opened window, click Remove.
After you uninstall AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication, you will be no longer able to add Veeam Backup for AWS appliances and new external repositories to the backup infrastructure.