Veeam Backup & Replication periodically rescans standard repositories for newly created restore points and metadata — the results of every rescan session are displayed in the History view under the System node. A rescan operation is launched automatically every 24 hours or in the following cases:
- After you add a repository to the backup infrastructure.
- After a backup chain stored in the repository is modified (for example, if a restore point is added or deleted from the chain).
However, you can perform a rescan operation for a repository manually:
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- Navigate to External Repositories.
- Select the necessary repository and click Rescan on the ribbon.
Alternatively, you can right-click the repository and select Rescan.
If multiple repositories are present in the backup infrastructure, you can perform the rescan operation for all repositories simultaneously. To do that, right-click the External Repositories node and select Rescan.