Step 2. Select Restore Point
At the RDS Instance step of the wizard, choose a restore point that will be used to restore the selected DB instance. By default, Veeam Backup & Replication uses the most recent valid restore point. However, you can restore the instance data to an earlier state.
To select a restore point, do the following:
- In the RDS instance list, select the DB instance and click Point.
- In the Restore Points window, expand the backup policy that protects the DB instance, select the necessary restore point and click OK.
If you want to restore a DB instance from an Amazon DB snapshot created in AWS, expand the <Appliance name> node and select the necessary snapshot of an AWS Snapshot type in the Restore Points window, and then click OK.
To help you choose a restore point, Veeam Backup & Replication provides the following information on each available restore point:
- Job — the name of the backup policy that created the restore point and the date when the restore point was created.
- Type — the type of the restore point.
- Location — the AWS Region where the restore point is stored.
You can use the wizard to restore multiple instances at a time. To do that, click Add, select more DB instances to restore and choose a restore point for each of them.