Step 6. Configure Instance Types and Encryption
[This step is available if you have selected the Restore to a new location, or with different settings option at the Restore Mode step of the wizard.]
At the Instance Type step of the wizard, you can select the type for the restored instances, storage types and choose whether EBS volumes of these DB instances must be encrypted with KMS keys. For more information on KMS keys, see the AWS KMS keys section in AWS documentation.
Configuring Instance Types
To specify storage and instance types, do the following:
- In the RDS instance list, select the necessary DB instance and click Type.
- In the Instance Type window, do the following:
- From the RDS instance type drop-down list, select the necessary instance type.
For more information on instance types, see the Amazon RDS Instance Types section in AWS documentation.
- In the Disk type area, select the necessary storage type. If you select provisioned IOPS SSD storage, also specify the desired IOPS rate.
For more information on storage types, see the Amazon RDS DB instance storage section in AWS documentation.
To specify encryption settings, do the following:
- In the RDS instance list, select the necessary DB instance and click Encryption.
- In the Disk encryption window, do one of the following:
- If you do not want to encrypt the RDS DB instance or want to apply the existing encryption scheme, select the Preserve the original encryption settings option. Then click OK.
- If you want to encrypt the RDS DB instance, select the Use the following encryption password option. From the list of available KMS keys, select the required KMS key. Then click OK.
The following requirements apply: