Limitations and Considerations
In this article
Mind the following considerations and limitations for configuration backup:
- To back up the configuration of Veeam Backup for AWS appliances, you must enable the backup file encryption in the configuration backup settings. Otherwise, Veeam Backup & Replication will back up only the backup server configuration. By default, encryption is disabled.
- We do not recommend you to store configuration backups in the default backup repository or in any other folder on the backup server. In case the backup server fails, you will not be able to recover the failed backup server.
- You cannot store configuration backups in scale-out backup repositories, object storage repositories, Veeam Cloud Connect repositories and external repositories.
- If an appliance is unavailable or is out of a major version (compared to the version that AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication supports), the appliance configuration is excluded from the backup. For example, if AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication supports Veeam Backup for AWS 5.0 and an appliance version is 4.0, the appliance configuration is skipped.
- During configuration backup, Veeam Backup & Replication processes three appliances at once and starts to process the next appliance as soon as one of those three appliances has already been processed.