Instant Recovery from Storage Snapshots
You can instantly recover a VM from a storage snapshot without prior de-staging and intermediate restores. Instant Recovery accelerates VM restore, improves RTOs and decreases downtime of production VMs. For more information, see the Instant Recovery to VMware vSphere section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
Requirements for Instant Recovery from Storage Snapshots
Before you perform Instant Recovery, check the following requirements:
- You must add the storage system to the backup infrastructure.
- You must check limitations for data recovery from storage snapshots.
- If you recover a VM to the production network, make sure that the original VM is powered off to avoid conflicts.
- [For storage systems working over Fibre Channel] To let Veeam Backup & Replication present snapshots of LUNs to an ESXi host, you must register the ESXi host with a WWN ID on the storage system.
- [For NetApp ONTAP storage systems] Depending on the storage type, you may need to install additional licenses on the storage system. For more information, see Required Licenses for NetApp.
Performing Instant Recovery from Storage Snapshots
For information on performing Instant Recovery, see section the Performing Instant Recovery to VMware vSphere section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.