NetApp Data ONTAP/Lenovo Thinksystem DM Limitations
If you plan to perform operations with NetApp Data ONTAP/Lenovo Thinksystem DM storage snapshots, consider the following limitations:
- Volumes with NetApp SnapLock enabled are not supported.
- [For VMware integration] Veeam Backup & Replication may fail to perform backup from secondary storage arrays if SVM/volumes have identical names between primary and secondary storage arrays.
- [For VMware, Veeam Agent integration] When the storage is added as a specific SVM, and not as a whole cluster, you must set up Aggregation List for vServer so that FlexClone Volume will work properly. Otherwise, errors like this will arise: "Cannot create volume. Reason: aggregate aggr1 is not in aggr-list of Vserver svm-dr-nfs".
- [For VMware, NAS, Veeam Agent integration] Depending on the protocol type and operating mode of the storage system, Veeam Backup & Replication uses different technologies to perform the following operations:
You may need to install additional licenses. You need to install one license, even if several technologies can be used for snapshot clone creation.
- [For VMware, NAS integration] For Veeam Backup & Replication version 12.1 (build 188.8.131.521), NetApp FlexGroups are supported, but with a limitation: if you add a new FlexVol to an existing FlexGroup, you will not be able to recover data from existing Snapshots of that FlexGroup. For VBR versions prior to 12.1 (build 184.108.40.2061), NetApp FlexGroups are not supported.
- [For VMware integration] Backup jobs from storage snapshots with secondary target are not supported if several SnapMirror/SnapVault relationships are configured for one source volume.
- [For VMware integration] Multi-home restore is not supported for NetApp 7-mode with NFS protocol (all snapshots) and for SnapMirror Target Snapshots with NFS or iSCSI/FC protocol.
- [For VMware, NAS integration] The snapshot directory must be visible in the NFS or SMB shares. To learn more about making the snapshot directory visible, see NFS and SMB (CIFS) Protocols.
In This Section