Step 2. Specify Storage Name or Address and Storage Role
At the Name step of the wizard, specify the storage system name, description and storage role.
- On the right of the Management server DNS name or IP address field, click Browse and select an HPE storage management group.
You can also type a DNS name or IPv4 address of the storage management server or storage cluster in the Management server DNS name or IP address field.
- In the Description field, provide a description for future reference. The default description contains information about the user who added the management group, date and time when the HPE management group was added.
- In the Role section, select the types of backup jobs that are allowed to access this storage system:
- Select the Block or file storage for VMware vSphere check box to allow VMware backup.
- Select the Block storage for Microsoft Windows servers check box to allow backup of Veeam Agents.
When you select any of these check boxes, additional steps of the wizard will appear.
If you do not select any check box, Veeam Backup & Replication displays an error. To proceed with the wizard, select at least one check box.