Backup Infrastructure Components
To export backups created by K10 policies using Integration with Veeam Backup Repositories for Kasten K10, you must configure the infrastructure that will consist of the following components:
- K10 cluster.
A platform where you configure and manage K10 policies that will export backups of application disks to Veeam backup repositories. For more information on installing a K10 cluster, see Kasten Docs.
- Veeam Backup & Replication server.
A server that manages Veeam backup repositories and that allows you to perform additional data protection scenarios, different from the K10 policies, perform data recovery and restore operations. For more information, see the Backup Server section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- Veeam backup repository.
A storage location where Veeam Backup & Replication keeps backups exported by K10 policies. You can add multiple repositories to the Veeam Backup & Replication server and set the necessary repository within K10 policies settings.
To learn more about Veeam backup repositories and how to manage them, see Backup Repositories in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
We recommend that you use Veeam backup repositories that support the following file systems:
- Additional data protection layers.
Veeam Backup & Replication allows you to keep backups exported by K10 policies in the following types of additional repositories:
- Archive tier: for more information, see the Archive Tier section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- Tape devices: for more information on how to back up to tapes, see the Machines Backup to Tape section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- Cloud repositories of service providers that keep copies of backups exported by K10 policies: for more information, see the Veeam Cloud Connect Guide.
- Secondary Veeam backup repositories that keep backup copies created by backup copy jobs. For more information on backup copy jobs, see the Backup Copy section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
Before you deploy the Veeam backup infrastructure, see the following Limitations and Considerations.
What You Do Next