In the Veeam Service Provider Console REST API, errors are returned with the following HTTP status codes:
- All client errors (400–499) are returned with the associated HTTP status codes.
- All server errors (≥500) are returned with the 520 HTTP status code.
The body of the error response contains detailed information about error specifics. The following example illustrates the response for the 400 Bad Request error.
"message": "Property value must be larger or equal to 0.",
- message — short description of the problem.
- type — error type. For details on error types, see Errors Types.
- code — error code. This code may differ from the HTTP status code. For a list of error codes, see Error Response Codes.
- parameterName — name of the parameter that has invalid value. If an error is caused by a wrong property value, parameterName is replaced with propertyName.
All errors in the Veeam Service Provider Console REST API are classified into the following types:
- transport errors occur if Veeam Service Provider Console server fails to receive requests. You can fix these errors by sending the request again.
- logical errors are caused by business logic issues on the client side.
- retryablelogical errors are caused by business logic issues on the server side and can be fixed by sending the request again.
- security errors are caused by authorization or authentication issues.
- unspecified errors occur for various reasons that are not categorized.
The following table lists all error response codes in the Veeam Service Provider Console REST API.
Invalid data input.
Error response contains propertyName or parameterName property, that provides the name of a request property that caused the error.
To perform the requested operation, authorization is required.
Access to the requested resource is forbidden.
Requested resource does not exist.
message property of an error response contains the name of the missing resource.
Creation or modification of a resource cannot be performed due to conflicts with a resource that already exists.
To perform the requested operation, a different content type is required.
Number of requests exceeds throttling limitations.
For details on throttling limitations, see Throttling Settings.
Unspecified cause of error.
Requested operation cannot be performed at the moment.
message property of an error response contains the information about a cause of limitation.
JSON Patch modifications failed to apply.
Requested task has been canceled by a user.
Requested task took too long to execute.
Specified user does not exist.
Specified identity provider does not exist.
User identity cannot be assigned to the specified user.
Provided key is already assigned to a different user.
Provided key is protected with password and cannot be used in the requested operation.
Non-RSA keys are not supported for asymmetric authentication.
Format of the provided key is not supported.
Specified identity provider is disabled.
Specified TOTP code is invalid.
Specified MFA answer is invalid.
The specified scope cannot be assigned.
Requested operation on the specified license failed to execute.
Requested operation on the specified license is already in progress
Specified location cannot be deleted because a company must have at least one assigned location.
Deployment task failed to execute.
Deployment task initiated by the request already exists.
Version of a managed agent is outdated.
Veeam CBT driver does not support the guest OS.
Management agent is busy and cannot perform the requested operation.
Version of a Veeam backup agent is outdated.
Veeam backup agent cannot be patched or updated because it is already up-to-date.
Veeam backup agent cannot be found right now and a data collection session is initiated to find that agent.
Veeam backup agent cannot be found on a computer.
Veeam backup agent management mode is currently changing and is not yet set to managed.
Veeam backup agent is not managed by Veeam Service Provider Console.
Veeam CBT driver is not compatible with the Workstation agent mode.
Veeam CBT driver cannot be installed due to outdated Veeam backup agent version.
Veeam CBT driver is already installed on the computer.
Veeam CBT driver is not installed and cannot be deleted.
No job or policy is configured for the Veeam backup agent.