Before you set up the integration, make sure that the machine on which Veeam Service Provider Console Web UI is installed meets the Grafana requirements.
To collect data, Grafana requires Veeam Service Provider Console to store information about received API requests in the InfluxDB database. Make sure that the machine on which you install InfluxDB meets the Hardware sizing guidelines.
To use Veeam Service Provider Console dashboard in Grafana, you must first download a JSON file that contains dashboard configuration. To do that:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Service Provider Console window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Plugin Library.
- Click the Grafana Labs plugin tile. The integration instruction window will open.
- Under step 7 of the instruction, click the Download JSON file link and download the Veeam VSPC RESTv3 monitoring (InfluxDB) dashboard configuration file.
Now you can proceed to configuring integration. To do that:
- Download InfluxDB on the official Download page.
- Install InfluxDB as described in the Install InfluxDB section of the InfluxDB documentation.
- Configure InfluxDB as described in the Get started with InfluxDB section of the InfluxDB documentation.
- Configure the authorization with user name and password as described in the Create a 1.x-compatible authorization subsection of the InfluxDB documentation.
- On the machine on which Veeam Service Provider Console Web UI is installed, open the appsettings.json file located in the RestAPI folder of the Veeam Service Provider Console installation directory.
- In the file, change property values in the MetricsOptions section so that result looks like the following:
"Url": "http://<IP address of the server on which InfluxDB is installed>:<TCP port for InfluxDB client-server communication>",
"DatabaseName": "<name of a database that you configured at step 3>",
"Login": "<login that will be used in Grafana for accessing the database>",
"Password": "<password that will be used in Grafana for accessing the database>"
- Save the changes.
- Do one of the following:
- In Task Manager, end the Veeam.AC.Web.REST task.
- In Internet Information Services, recycle the Veeam Service Provider Console RESTful APIs application pool.
- Download and install Grafana as described in the Install on Windows section of Grafana documentation.
- Download and install the Pie Chart plugin as described on the plugin page.
- Access Grafana and add a data source as described in the Getting Started with Grafana section of Grafana documentation.
- On the side menu, select Create > Import.
- In the Import window, click the Upload .json file button and select the Veeam VSPC RESTv3 monitoring (InfluxDB) file.
- Click the Import button. The dashboard will automatically open.