To avoid excessive loading of Veeam Service Provider Console server caused by processing too many requests simultaneously or during a specific time period, Veeam Service Provider Console RESTful API controls request rate through throttling mechanism.
Each request is classified as a part of one or more of the following groups:
- All requests
- Requests with specific UserId parameter value
- Requests with specific IpAddress parameter value
- Requests with specific UserID and IpAddress parameter values
According to throttling policy of those groups, a request is processed if it fits both of the following limitations:
- Maximum number of requests processed simultaneously
- Maximum number of requests processed during a specific time period
If at least one of those limitations is exceeded, server returns error with the 429 code. If maximum number of requests processed during a specific time period is exceeded, the response additionally might contain the retryAfter property that has the value equal to the number of seconds till the next time period begins:
For details on how to modify throttling limitations, see the Throttling Settings section.