Step 3c. Select VM Instances
In the Resources section of the Sources step of the wizard, specify the backup scope — select VM instances that Veeam Backup for GCP will back up:
- Click Select resources to protect.
- In the Choose resources window, choose whether you want to back up all VM instances from the regions selected at step 3b, or only specific VM instances.
If you select the All resources option, Veeam Backup for GCP will regularly check for new VM instances launched in the selected regions and automatically update the backup policy settings to include these instances in the backup scope.
If you select the Protect specific resources option, you must also specify the instances explicitly:
- Use the Type drop-down list to choose whether you want to add individual VM instances or GCP labels to the backup scope.
If you select the Label option, Veeam Backup for GCP will back up only those VM instances that reside in the selected regions under specific labels.
- Use the search field to the right of the Type list to find the necessary resource, and then click Protect to add the resource to the backup scope.
Alternatively, you can click Select resources from the global list, select check boxes next to the necessary VM instances or labels in the list of available resources, and then click Protect.
It may take some time for Veeam Backup for GCP to access GCP resources and to populate the list of available VM instances or labels. To speed up the data collection process, click Rescan.
If you add a label to the backup scope, Veeam Backup for GCP will regularly check for new VM instances assigned the added label and automatically update the backup policy settings to include these instances in the scope. However, this applies only to VM instances from the regions selected at step 3b. If you select a label assigned to VM instances from other regions, these instances will not be protected by the backup policy. To work around the issue, either go back to step 3b and add the missing regions, or create a new backup policy.
- To save changes made to the backup policy settings, click Apply.