Step 3. Configure Repository Settings
At the Storage Bucket step of the wizard, do the following:
- From the Project drop-down list, select a project where the new backup repository will belong.
For a project to be displayed in the Project list, it must be added to Veeam Backup for GCP as described in section Adding Projects.
- Use the Access Key and Secret key fields to provide a Hash-based Message Authentication Code (HMAC) key associated with the service account that is used to access the project. Veeam Backup for GCP will use the HMAC key to authenticate requests to the backup repository.
You can create the necessary HMAC key beforehand in the Google Cloud Console as described in Google Cloud documentation. Alternatively, you can click Generate HMAC credentials to create a new HMAC key and associate it with the service account without closing the Add Repository wizard.
- In the Storage bucket section, click Choose bucket.
In the Choose storage bucket window, select a storage bucket that will be used as a target location for image-level backups of VM instances, and click Apply.
For a storage bucket to be displayed in the Available Buckets list, it must be created for the selected project in the Google Cloud Console as described in Google Cloud documentation.
It may take some time for Veeam Backup for GCP to retrieve information about existing storage buckets from Google Cloud Platform. To speed up the data collection process, click Rescan.
- In the Folder section, choose whether you want to use an existing subdirectory inside the selected storage bucket or to create a new one to group backup files stored in the bucket.
- To use an existing subdirectory, select the Use existing folder option and click Choose folder. In the Choose folder window, select the necessary subdirectory and click Apply.
For a subdirectory to be displayed in the Available Folders list, it must be created under the /Veeam/Backup path using gsutil commands as described in Google Cloud documentation.
If the selected subdirectory already contains backup files, Veeam Backup for GCP will import the backed-up data to the configuration database. You can then use this data to perform all disaster recovery operations described in section Performing Restore.
- To create a new subdirectory, select the Create new folder option and specify a name for the subdirectory. The maximum length of the name is 127 characters; the following characters are not supported: \ / " ' [ ] : | < > + = ; , ? * @ & _ .