Step 6. Configure Instance Types and Encryption
[This step is available if you have selected the Restore to a new location, or with different settings option at the Restore Mode step of the wizard.]
At the Instance step of the wizard, specify instance types for the restored EC2 instances and choose whether EBS volumes of these EC2 instances must be encrypted with customer master keys (CMKs). For more information on CMKs, see Customer master keys (CMKs).
- In the Instances list, select the necessary EC2 instance and click Edit.
- From the EC2 instance type drop-down list, select an instance type to which the EC2 instance will be sized.
For more information on supported EC2 instance types, see Amazon EC2 Instance Types.
- In the Instances list, select the necessary EC2 instances and click Encryption.
- In the Disk encryption window, do one of the following:
- If you do not want to encrypt the EC2 instance or want to apply the existing encryption scheme, select the Preserve the original encryption settings option. Then click OK.
- If you want to encrypt the EC2 instance, select the Use the following encryption password option. From the list of available CMKs, select the required CMK. Then click OK.
You can encrypt volumes only with the following CMKs: