You can view and control processes and services that are currently running inside a virtual machine.
Before viewing in-guest processes, check the following prerequisites:
- Make sure that VMware Tools are installed on the machines you plan to monitor.
- For Windows-based machines, make sure that the Remote Registry Service is started.
- For Unix-based machines, make sure that the SSH Server is started.
To view the list of processes:
- Open Veeam ONE Monitor.
For more information, see Accessing Veeam ONE Monitor.
- At the bottom of the inventory pane, click Infrastructure View.
- In the inventory pane, select the necessary VM.
- Open the Processes tab.
- Provide OS authentication credentials to access the list of running processes.
You can end unwanted processes running on the VM. To do that, select it in the list and click the Kill Process button. Alternatively, you can right-click a necessary process and select Kill Process from the shortcut menu.
On the Processes tab, column headers show process counters. You can add or remove counters to monitor running processes. To do that:
- In the upper right corner of the Processes dashboard, click the Select columns link.
- In the Select Columns window:
- Select the check boxes next to the counters you want to display.
- Clear the check boxes next to the counters you do not want to display.