Creating Category and Groups Based on VCPU Count
To create a category based on a single parameter, you will select a property as a categorization condition. Veeam ONE Client automatically creates groups for each unique value of the selected property. All VMs with the same property value will fall into one group.
For this scenario you will categorize VMs based on vCPU count. To do that:
- Open Veeam ONE Client.
For more information, see Accessing Veeam ONE Client.
- At the bottom of the inventory pane, click Business View.
- Launch the Add Category wizard. To do this:
- In the information pane, switch to the Categories tab.
- In the Actions pane, click Add Category.
Alternatively, you can right-click anywhere in the inventory pane and choose Add Category from the shortcut menu.
- At the Name and Object Type step, enter a category name and make sure that Virtual Machine is selected as the object type.
- At the Platform step of the wizard, select the VMware vSphere option.
- At the Categorization Method step, select the Single parameter option.
- At the Grouping Criteria step, select VCPU count as VM property.
- At the Export step, select Do not create vSphere Tags. Therefore, your VMware vSphere infrastructure remains with its current tags.
- Click Save.
Veeam ONE Client will create an individual group for each unique value of the VCPU count property.