The following changes affect most of the Veeam Service Provider Console REST API operations and functionality:
- Added sort, filter and select parameters.
- Changed logic of HTTP-code assignment:
- All client errors (400–499) are returned with the associated HTTP status codes.
- All server errors (≥500) are returned with the 520 HTTP status code.
v 3.0 response codes remain unchanged.
- Improved JSON Patch request processing:
- If a request includes modification of read-only properties, the operation will result in error.
- Inlayed entities can be added directly into a resource. The hierarchy is created automatically with default values.
- Introduced the time-of-day (HH:MM:SS) string format in the specification.
- Enabled page size configuration.
Note that increasing page size may lead to throttling malfunctioning and Veeam Service Provider Console server resource overuse.
- Added CORS settings.
- Included REST API Client into the installation package.