What is Veeam Backup & Replication?
Veeam Backup & Replication is a data protection and disaster recovery solution for virtual, physical and cloud environments. With Veeam Backup & Replication you can:
- Create crash-consistent and application-consistent backups of virtual and physical machines.
- Quickly restore physical machines, VMs, VM disks, Guest OS files and application items.
- Perform backup health check to verify that backups are not corrupted and are ready for restoring.
- Create VM replicas and switch to them in case of a disaster.
- Automate transferring of backups to tapes and other external repositories.
Note that in this guide, we will not overview all the Veeam Backup & Replication capabilities. You can find them in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
What Else Can I Do?
Veeam Backup & Replication provides utilities not mentioned in this guide that can help you secure and manage your data:
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365: backup and restore solution for Office 365 data.
- Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV: backup and restore solution for Nutanix AHV VMs.
Veeam Backup & Replication also provides the following tools for monitoring and management:
- Veeam ONE: real-time monitoring, reporting, alerting and managing tool for virtual and physical environments.
- Veeam Management Pack for System Center: System Center extension for managing and monitoring VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Veeam Availability Orchestrator: a tool for automated creation and testing of DR plans that comply regulatory requirements.