To install the Veeam Availability Console Server component:
- Log on as Administrator to the machine where you want to install the Veeam Availability Console Server component.
- Mount the installation image using disk image emulation software or burn the downloaded image to a CD/DVD.
If you are installing Veeam Availability Console on a VM, use built-in tools of the virtualization management software to mount the installation image to the VM.
- Run the Setup.exe file from the image to launch the setup splash screen.
- On the splash screen, click the Install tile to launch the Veeam Availability Console Setup wizard.
The installer will verify what version of .NET Framework is currently present on the machine. If the required version is not found, the installer will prompt to automatically install .NET Framework that is included with the Veeam Availability Console installer. After installing .NET Framework, you might need to reboot the machine, and then continue with installation.
- At the License Agreement step of the wizard, read and accept the license agreement.
If you choose not to accept the license agreement terms, you will not be able to continue the installation.
- At the Program Features step of the wizard, choose to install Veeam Availability Console Server only.
If necessary, you can change the installation directory at this step.
- At the Provide License Key step of the wizard, click Browse and point to the Veeam Availability Console license file.
- At the System Configuration Check step of the wizard, check what prerequisite software is missing.
Before proceeding with the installation, the installer will perform system configuration check to determine if all prerequisite software is available on the machine. To learn what software is required for Veeam Availability Console, see System Requirements.
If some of the required software components are missing, the setup wizard will offer you to install the missing software components and enable missing features automatically. To install the missing software components and enable missing features automatically, click the Install button.
You can cancel automatic software installation. In this case, you will need to install the missing software components and enable missing features manually (otherwise, you will not be able to proceed to the next step of the setup wizard). After you install and enable all required software components, click Re-run to repeat the system configuration check.
- At the Service Account step of the wizard, type credentials of the account under which Veeam Availability Console services will run.
- At the Default Configuration step of the wizard, you can select to install Veeam Availability Console with default installation settings or specify custom installation settings.
- To use default installation settings, leave the Let me specify different settings check box cleared and click Install. The installation process will begin.
- To specify custom installation settings, select the Let me specify different settings check box. The setup wizard will include additional steps that will let you configure installation settings.
- At the SQL Server Instance step of the wizard, choose a Microsoft SQL Server instance that will host the Veeam Availability Console database.
- If you do not have a Microsoft SQL Server instance that you can use for Veeam Availability Console database, select the Install new instance of SQL Server option.
If this option is selected, the setup If you do not have a Microsoft SQL Server instance that you can use for Veeam Availability Console database, select the Install new instance of SQL Server option.
If this option is selected, the setup will install Microsoft SQL Server locally, on the machine where you are installing Veeam Availability Console, and will create a database with the default name VAC.
- If you want to use an existing local or remote Microsoft SQL Server instance, select the Use existing instance of SQL Server option and choose a local Microsoft SQL Server instance or browse to a Microsoft SQL Server instance running remotely. You can type the address of the Microsoft SQL Server manually or use the Browse button to choose among available remote instances.
In the Database name field, type the name of a database that will be created for Veeam Availability Console. You can also click the Browse button to choose an existing database.
Provide credentials of an account that will be used by Veeam Availability Console to access the database. You can specify credentials explicitly or use Windows authentication credentials of the Veeam Availability Console service account. For details on permissions required for the account, see Permissions.
- At the Port Configuration step of the wizard, perform the following steps:
- In the Communication Port field, type a number of the port on the Veeam Availability Console machine that will be used to collect data from cloud gateways and Veeam Cloud Connect server.
The default port number is 9999.
- In the Management port field, type a number of the port that the Veeam Availability Console Web UI component will use to communicate with the Server component.
The default port number is 1989.
- In the Plugins communication port field, type a number of the port that will be used to interact with ConnectWise Manage plugin.
The default port number is 9996.
- At the Ready to Install step of the wizard, review the provided configuration settings and click Install.
- After installation completes, click Finish to exit the wizard.