Veeam Service Provider Console Management Agent for Mac
To install Veeam Service Provider Console management agent and Veeam Agent for Mac, use a command with the following syntax:
sudo <path_to_package>/'MacAgentPackages.sh' ; veeamconsoleconfig -g add <gateway>:<port> -t <company_name\\username> (<password>) --validate_cert <thumbprint>
- <path_to_package> — path to the directory where you have saved the MacAgentPackages.sh package.
- <gateway> — FQDN or IP address of a cloud gateway.
- <port> — the port on the cloud gateway that is used to transfer data to Veeam Service Provider Console.
- <company_name\\username> and <password> — user credentials of a Company Owner or a Subtenant.
If the password contains special characters, you must provide the password in the '<password>' format.
- <thumbprint> — thumbprint of the security certificate that is installed on the Veeam Service Provider Console server.
If you do not specify a certificate thumbprint, you will be asked to verify the security certificate.
It is strongly recommended to provide a certificate thumbprint for automated verification of the security certificate. Do not use the --validate_cert command with -f argument.
Suppose you want to install Veeam Service Provider Console management agent and Veeam Agent for Mac with the following configuration:
- Path to the package file: /home/vac/agents/
- Cloud gateway: gate01.cloudprovider.com
- Cloud gateway port: 6180
- Company Owner user name: Beta\\Beta
- Company Owner password: P@ssw0rd
- Security certificate thumbprint: 028EC0FB60A7EBA9B140FCD1553061AF991A7FDE
The command to install Veeam Service Provider Console management agent and Veeam Agent for Mac with such configuration will have the following parameters:
sudo /home/vac/agents/'MacAgentPackages.sh' ; veeamconsoleconfig -g add gate01.cloudprovider.com:6180 -t Beta\\Beta ('P@ssw0rd') --validate_cert 028EC0FB60A7EBA9B140FCD1553061AF991A7FDE