To install the Veeam Availability Console Web UI component:
- Log on as Administrator to the machine where you want to install the Veeam Availability Console Web UI component.
- Mount the installation image using disk image emulation software or burn the downloaded image to a CD/DVD.
If you are installing Veeam Availability Console on a VM, use built-in tools of the virtualization management software to mount the installation image to the VM.
- Run the Setup.exe file from the image to launch the setup splash screen.
- On the splash screen, click the Install tile to launch the Veeam Availability Console Setup wizard.
The installer will verify what version of .NET Framework is currently present on the machine. If the required version is not found, the installer will prompt to automatically install .NET Framework that is included with the Veeam Availability Console installer. After installing .NET Framework, you might need to reboot the machine, and then continue with installation.
- At the License Agreement step of the wizard, read and accept the license agreement.
If you choose not to accept the license agreement terms, you will not be able to continue the installation.
- At the Program Features step of the wizard, choose to install Veeam Availability Console Web UI only.
If necessary, you can change the installation directory at this step.
- At the System Configuration Check step of the wizard, check what prerequisite software is missing.
Before proceeding with the installation, the installer will perform system configuration check to determine if all prerequisite software is available on the machine. To learn what software is required for Veeam Availability Console, see System Requirements.
If some of the required software components are missing, the setup wizard will offer you to install the missing software components and enable missing features automatically. To install the missing software components and enable missing features automatically, click the Install button.
You can cancel automatic software installation. In this case, you will need to install the missing software components and enable missing features manually (otherwise, you will not be able to proceed to the next step of the setup wizard). After you install and enable all required software components, click Re-run to repeat the system configuration check.
- At the Port Configuration step of the wizard, perform the following steps:
- In the Website port field, type a number of the port that will be used to access the Veeam Availability Console website through a web browser.
The default port number is 1280.
- In the RESTful API port field, type a number of the port that will be used to interact with the Veeam Availability Console RESTful API.
The default port number is 1281.
- In the Plugins communication port field, type a number of the port that will be used to interact with ConnectWise Manage plugin.
The default port number is 9996.
- In the Use certificate list, choose a TLS certificate that will be used to secure traffic between Veeam Availability Console and the client application (web browser or API client application).
You can choose an existing certificate installed on the machine, or generate a new self-signed certificate. If you generate or choose a self-signed certificate, you will need to configure a trusted connection between Veeam Availability Console and the client application. For details, see Configuring Trusted Connection.
- At the Veeam Availability Console Server step of the wizard, specify settings that the Web UI component must use to connect to the Server component:
- In the IP address or DNS name field, specify a FQDN or IP address of a machine on which you have installed the Veeam Availability Console Server component.
- In the Port field, specify the number of a port that the Web UI component will use to communicate with the Server component.
The default port number is 1989.
- At the Ready to Install step of the wizard, review the provided configuration settings and click Install.
- After installation completes, click Finish to exit the wizard.