Veeam Service Provider Console Management Agent for Linux
To install Veeam Service Provider Console management agent, use a command with the following syntax:
sudo <path_to_package>/'LinuxAgentPackages.sh' ; veeamconsoleconfig -g add <gateway>:<port> -t <company_name\\username> (<password>) --validate_cert <thumbprint>
- <path_to_package> — path to the directory where you have saved the LinuxAgentPackages.sh package.
Make sure you have saved LinuxAgentPackages.sh package to the directory where you want to install Veeam Service Provider Console management agent.
- <gateway> — FQDN or IP address of a cloud gateway.
- <port> — the port on the cloud gateway that is used to transfer data to Veeam Service Provider Console.
- <company_name\\username> and <password> — user credentials of a Company Owner or a Subtenant.
If the password contains special characters, you must provide the password in the '<password>' format.
- <thumbprint> — thumbprint of the security certificate that is installed on the Veeam Service Provider Console server.
If you do not specify a certificate thumbprint, you will be asked to verify the security certificate.
It is strongly recommended to provide a certificate thumbprint for automated verification of the security certificate. Do not use the --validate_cert command with -f argument.
Suppose you want to install Veeam Service Provider Console management agent with the following configuration:
- Path to the package file: /home/vac/agents/
- Cloud gateway: gate01.cloudprovider.com
- Cloud gateway port: 6180
- Company Owner user name: Beta\\Beta
- Company Owner password: P@ssw0rd
- Security certificate thumbprint: 028EC0FB60A7EBA9B140FCD1553061AF991A7FDE
The command to install Veeam Service Provider Console management agent with such configuration will have the following parameters:
sudo /home/vac/agents/'LinuxAgentPackages.sh' ; veeamconsoleconfig -g add gate01.cloudprovider.com:6180 -t Beta\\Beta ('P@ssw0rd') --validate_cert 028EC0FB60A7EBA9B140FCD1553061AF991A7FDE