Recommendations for Large-Scale Environments
To achieve maximum performance of Veeam Service Provider Console in large-scale environments, use configuration and sizing recommendations provided in this section. The recommended configurations can be equally used for POC deployments and deployments in production.
- Configuration and sizing recommendations for Veeam Backup Agent management
- Configuration and sizing recommendations for Veeam Backup & Replication management
Provided recommendations are based on results obtained from tests performed by Veeam Software in our lab environment. Recommendations for your environment may depend on the intensity of operations and specific use cases.
We recommend that you install the following Veeam Service Provider Console infrastructure components on dedicated machines.
- Veeam Service Provider Console server
- Microsoft SQL Server hosting the Veeam Service Provider Console database
- Veeam Cloud Connect server
In large-scale environments, each of these components might handle a large amount of workload. Installing the components on different machines will help balance the workload.
If you install Veeam Service Provider Console and Microsoft SQL Server hosting product database on the same machine, we recommend to limit memory usage for the SQL Server. Limiting memory usage will let you reserve memory for the operation system and Veeam Service Provider Console server component. For details on memory configuration, see this Microsoft article.