Auto-Populate and Auto-Submit Usage Reporting
Veeam allows you to pre-populate cut licenses and automatically submit a monthly license usage report to the Aggregator. In this case, you only need to properly manage license keys and review the report before it is submitted.
Auto-Populate and Auto-Submit (APAS) reports based on the high watermark of all issued license files. If you want to submit reports based on the actual consumption of each license, see Automatic License Reporting.
How It Works
Auto-populate and auto-submit usage reporting works in the following way:
- Every month you cut and apply licenses to workloads.
- On the first day of the month, a monthly license usage report is automatically created in VCSP Pulse. If required, you can review and edit the report before it is automatically submitted to the Aggregator. By default, it is processed on the sixth day of the month.
The date of the automatic report submission may differ from the default. Please check it with your Aggregator.
Requirements and Limitations
To use the feature, you must meet the following requirements:
- You do not submit reports to Aggregators with storefronts.
- You do not use custom PPU.
- You do not manage external licenses, for example, for Kasten K10.
- All usage reports must be closed.
- License keys must be resized according to workload consumption.
- Automatic License Key Update (ALK Update) is enabled. For more information, see Automatic License Key Update.
Enabling Auto-Populate and Auto-Submit Usage Reporting
To enable the feature, perform the following steps:
- Open VCSP Pulse Portal and click Pulse Settings.
- Fill in the enrollment form.
If you meet all requirements, the feature will be enabled next month considered as a transition period. Note that in the transition period you should still manually prepare a license usage report for the previous month to avoid additional high watermark charges. For the month following after the transition period, a monthly license usage report will be automatically created on the first day of the month and submitted on the sixth day of the month.