Nutanix Mine with Veeam is a data protection and disaster recovery appliance that combines the Nutanix AOS software with the Veeam Backup & Replication solution. Nutanix Mine helps to simplify the deployment of a backup infrastructure and provides backup, replication, restore and other features of Veeam Backup & Replication for virtual, physical and cloud machines running on a Nutanix cluster.
Nutanix Mine with Veeam is easy to scale out, manage and monitor. The solution allows you to deploy a ready-to-use disaster recovery infrastructure within two hours.
This guide describes how to start data protection operations using Veeam Backup & Replication within the Nutanix Mine cluster and is intended for users who have already deployed a Nutanix Mine cluster. If you haven't deployed the Nutanix Mine cluster yet, see the Nutanix Mine with Veeam Guide.
With Veeam Backup & Replication, you can back up and restore the following objects:
- VMs residing in ESXi hosts
- VMs residing in Microsoft Hyper-V clusters
- VMs residing in Nutanix AHV clusters
- Physical machines (Microsoft Windows, Linux)
- NAS file shares (Enterprise NAS system, NFS files share, SMB file share, Microsoft Windows or Linux servers used as a file share)
- Amazon EC2 and RDS instances
- Microsoft Azure VMs