You can to an alarm a new rule based on a task or event that occurred in the managed environment. For example, you can create a rule that monitors the event ‘Create virtual machine’ and notifies you whenever a new VM is created.
To create a new rule from a task or event:
- Open Veeam ONE Monitor.
- At the bottom of the inventory pane, click the necessary view — Infrastructure View, Business View, vCloud Director View or Data Protection View.
- In the inventory pane on the left, select the necessary object.
- In the information pane, open the Tasks & Events tab.
- Right-click a task or event about which you want to be notified, select Add this even to the existing alarm from the shortcut menu, and choose the necessary infrastructure object type.
- In the Select Alarms window, choose an alarm to which the rule must be added and click Add.
- In the Alarm Settings window, change the rule settings, and click Save.
For details on working with alarm rules, see Step 3. Specify Alarm Rules and Severity.
- In the Select Alarms window, click Close.