Adding Alarm Rule from Task or Event
You can add to an alarm a new rule based on a task or event that occurred in the managed environment. For example, you can create a rule that monitors the Create virtual machine event and notifies you whenever a new VM is created.
To create a new rule from a task or event:
- Open Veeam ONE Client.
For details, see section Accessing Veeam ONE Client of the Veeam ONE Client User Guide.
- At the bottom of the inventory pane, click the necessary view — Infrastructure View, Business View, vCloud Director View, or Data Protection View.
- In the inventory pane on the left, select the necessary object.
- In the information pane, open the Tasks & Events tab.
- Right-click a task or event about which you want to be notified, select Add this event to the existing alarm from the shortcut menu, and click the necessary infrastructure object type.
- In the Select Alarms window, select an alarm to which the rule must be added and click Add.
- In the Alarm Settings window, change the rule settings, and click Save.
For details on working with alarm rules, see Step 3. Specify Alarm Rules and Severity.
- In the Select Alarms window, click Close.