Veeam ONE comes with a set of predefined alarms so that you can start monitoring your environment immediately after installing the solution. You can leave alarm defaults without changes, you can customize predefined alarms, or create new alarms for specific monitoring conditions.
To access the list of alarms:
- Open Veeam ONE Monitor.
- At the bottom of the inventory pane, click Alarm Management.
- To limit the list of displayed alarms, you can use filter buttons — Show predefined alarms only, Show custom alarms only, All.
The Alarm Management view is divided into three panes — inventory pane, information pane and actions pane.
- The inventory pane on the left shows the alarm management tree with alarm types (virtual infrastructure components to which alarms can be applied, vCloud Director components, Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure components and internal alarms).
- The information pane contains the list of predefined and custom alarms for the type that is selected in the alarm management tree. Every alarm is described with the following details: type, name, source, state (Enabled or Disabled), assignment scope and resolve action (Automatic or Manual). The bottom section of the information pane displays alarm knowledge base — information on the selected alarm, such as summary, cause, resolution and external resources.
- The Actions pane on the right displays a list of links for performing alarm actions.
In This Section
- Creating Alarms
- Modifying Alarms
- Changing Alarm Assignment Scope
- Copying Alarms
- Disabling and Enabling Alarms
- Deleting Alarms
- Exporting and Importing Alarms
- Suppressing Alarms
- Modelling Alarm Number
- Configuring Alarm Notifications
- Examples: How to Create Alarms