Step 4. Specify Credentials
At the Credentials step of the wizard:
- Click Add and specify credentials of the user account for connecting to the server.
For details on adding credentials records, see section Credentials Manager of Veeam ONE Monitoring Guide.
For details on on permissions required to connect to Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365, see Connection to Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 Servers.
- Change the port number if required.
By default, port 4443 is used for communication with Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 servers.
- When you add a Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 server, Veeam ONE saves to the configuration database a thumbprint of the TLS certificate installed on the server. During every subsequent connection to the server, Veeam ONE uses the saved thumbprint to verify the server identity and avoid the man-in-the-middle attack.
If the certificate installed on the server is not trusted, Veeam ONE displays a warning.
- To view detailed information about the certificate, click View Certificate.
- If you trust the server, click Trust and Continue.
- If you do not trust the server, click Cancel. Veeam ONE will display an error message, and you will not be able to connect to the server.