To collect data about your backup infrastructure and data protection operations, you need to configure connections to Veeam Backup & Replication servers in Veeam ONE Monitor. You can connect the following types of servers:
- Veeam Backup & Replication server to monitor standalone backup servers
- Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager to monitor all backup servers federated under Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
Generally, you cannot connect Veeam Backup & Replication servers in Veeam ONE Free Edition. If you try to do so, the application will prompt you to purchase a full version of the product. However, if the Veeam Backup & Replication license covers Veeam Cloud Connect only and does not cover any Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware vSphere sockets, you will be able to connect this Veeam Backup & Replication server in Veeam ONE Free Edition.
To configure a connection to a Veeam Backup & Replication server, take the following steps.
- Launch the Add Server wizard.
- Choose server type.
- Specify server name and role.
- Specify credentials.
- Review connection settings.