Step 1. Configure SMTP Server Settings
At the SMTP Server tab, configure SMTP server settings. Veeam ONE will use provided SMTP server settings for notifications generated by both Veeam ONE Monitoring Service and Veeam ONE Reporting Service.
- In the SMTP server field, enter DNS name or IP address of the SMTP server that will be used to send email notifications. All Veeam ONE email notifications (including test messages), automatically generated reports and dashboards will be sent by this SMTP server.
You can change the SMTP communication port if required. The default SMTP port is 25.
- In the From field, enter the email address of the notification sender.
This email address will be displayed in the From field of notifications.
- For SMTP server with SSL support, select Use secure connection to enable SSL data encryption.
- If your SMTP server requires authentication, select the Use authentication check box and specify authentication credentials in the Login and Password fields.
You can send out a test email to make sure that SMTP Server settings are configured correctly:
- Click Send test email.
- Enter an email address at which a test notification should be sent.
- Click OK.
A test email will be sent to the specified email address.
For details on alarm notification settings, see section Configuring Alarm Notifications of the Veeam ONE Working with Alarms Guide.