The account used to connect Veeam Backup & Replication or Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager servers must:
- Be a member of the Performance Monitor Users and Event Log Readers security groups.
- Have permissions to remotely access WMI.
This includes remote access, activation and launching the DCOM application of WMI, and remote access to the root WMI namespace and sub-namespaces. For details on granting these permissions, see Configuring Permissions to Remotely Access WMI.
These permissions must be granted to the account on machines that run:
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
- Backup proxy, backup repository (Windows-based), WAN Accelerator, tape server and cloud gateway components (required to collect performance data from these servers)
If you plan to install Veeam ONE agent on Veeam Backup & Replication servers, you must use the account with local Administrator permissions to connect Veeam Backup & Replication or Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager servers.