To collect information about your virtual infrastructure and track the efficiency of VM data protection, you must configure connections to VMware vSphere, VMware Cloud Director, Microsoft Hyper-V virtual management servers and Veeam Backup & Replication servers in Veeam ONE Client. Configured connection settings are automatically propagated to all Veeam ONE components.
Note that if you have already connected servers during Veeam ONE installation, you do not need to connect them again.
You can connect the following types of servers:
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365
- VMware vSphere
- VMware Cloud Director
- Microsoft Hyper-V
Before You Begin
Before you configure server connections, check these requirements:
- Supported versions of virtual platforms
- Supported versions and editions of Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365
- Requirements to accounts used for collecting data
- Ports that must be open to allow Veeam ONE collect data from connected servers
For details, see section Deployment Planning and Preparation.