Cloud Backup Policies
Veeam ONE Client allows you to track Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure and Veeam Backup for AWS policies that store backups on external repositories integrated with Veeam Backup & Replication servers.
You can view real-time job statistics at different levels of your backup infrastructure:
- Policies targeted to external repositories of a specific backup server
- Policies targeted to external repositories of all backup servers controlled by Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
- All policies across the entire backup infrastructure
Viewing Policy Details
To view the list of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure and Veeam Backup for AWS policies at the necessary backup infrastructure level:
- Open Veeam ONE Client.
For details, see Accessing Veeam ONE Client.
- At the bottom of the inventory pane, click Data Protection View.
- In the inventory pane, select the necessary backup infrastructure node.
- Open the Cloud Backup Policies tab.
- To find the necessary policy, you can use filters at the top of the policies list:
- To show or hide policies whose sessions ended with a specific status, use the status buttons at the top of the list (Show all policies, Show policies with errors, Show policies with warnings, Show successful policies).
- To show or hide policies by platform type, use the platform type buttons at the top of the list (Show all policies, Show AWS policies, Show Microsoft Azure policies, Show Google Cloud Platform policies).
- To find policies by name, use the search field at the top of the list.
The list of jobs shows all Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure, Veeam Backup for AWS and Veeam Backup for Google Cloud Platform policies for the backup infrastructure level that you selected in the inventory pane.
For every policy, the following details are available:
- State — state of a backup, snapshot or replication policy schedule (Enabled, Disabled)
Click the > icon to show details of cloud protection sessions based on a specific policy
- Name — backup, snapshot or replication policy name
- Platform — name of a cloud platform for which backup, snapshot or replication policy is configured
- Backup Server — name of a backup server to which external repository with cloud backups is connected
Click the server name link to drill down to the list of alarms for a chosen backup server.
- VM Count — number of Microsoft Azure VMs, AWS EC2 or Google Cloud instances included in a policy
- Last Snapshot — date and time when the latest cloud-native snapshot was created for a Microsoft Azure VM, AWS EC2 or Google Cloud instance
- Last Backup — date and time of the latest backup restore point was created for a Microsoft Azure VM, AWS EC2 or Google Cloud instance
- Last Replication — date and time of the latest replication restore point was created for a Microsoft Azure VM, AWS EC2 or Google Cloud instance
- Resource ID — id of a Microsoft Azure VM, AWS EC2 or Google Cloud instance