Microsoft Hyper-V In-Guest Services
You can view and control services currently running inside a VM.
- For Windows-based machines, you can view, start, stop and restart services, and create alarms based on retrieved services.
- For Linux-based machines, you can view, start, stop and restart services.
For Linux-based machines, make sure that the SSH Server is started.
Viewing In-Guest Services
To view the list of services:
- Open Veeam ONE Client.
For details, see Accessing Veeam ONE Client.
- At the bottom of the inventory pane, click Virtual Infrastructure.
- In the inventory pane, select the necessary infrastructure object.
- Open the Services tab.
- Provide OS authentication credentials (user name and password) to access the list of running services.
You can start, stop and restart a running service, or create an alarm based on the service state or object performance:
- To restart a service, click the Restart button, or right-click a necessary service and select Restart from the shortcut menu.
- To disconnect from guest OS, click the Disconnect button.
- [For Windows-based machines] To create an alarm, select a service in the list, click the Create Alarm button, and select the type of rule on which the alarm must be based. For more information, see Alarm Rules.