To access Veeam ONE Monitor:
- Log on to the machine where Veeam ONE Monitor Client is installed.
- In Microsoft Windows Programs menu, choose Veeam ONE Monitor.
- In the authentication window, specify the FQDN or IP address of a server where the Veeam ONE Server component runs. Type credentials of a user account to connect to Veeam ONE Monitor. To connect using credentials of the user account under which you are logged on to the machine, select the Use Windows session authentication check box.
The user account must either:
- Be a member of the Veeam ONE Administrators or Veeam ONE Read-Only Users group. For more information on user groups, see Security Groups.
This prerequisite applies to VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V platforms.
- Have permissions assigned on objects in the vCenter Server or vCloud Director inventory hierarchy. For details, see Veeam ONE Multi-Tenant Monitoring and Reporting.
This prerequisite applies to the VMware vSphere platform only.
- Click Connect.
Other Ways to Access Veeam ONE Monitor
To speed up the time it takes to access Veeam ONE Monitor, you can launch it without the necessity to specify user credentials in the authentication window.
- To launch Veeam ONE Monitor under the account of a user that is currently logged to the machine, in the command shell call the Monitor.exe file residing in the installation directory with the /currentuser parameter. For example:
"C:\Program Files\Veeam\Veeam ONE\Veeam ONE Monitor Client\Monitor.exe" /currentuser
- To launch Veeam ONE Monitor with explicit user credentials, in the command shell call the Monitor.exe file residing in the installation directory with the /username and /password parameters. For example:
"C:\Program Files\Veeam\Veeam ONE\Veeam ONE Monitor Client\Monitor.exe" /username tech\john.smith /password PaSSw0rd
You can save this type of commands as a Windows shortcut and use it to access Veeam ONE Monitor.