Veeam Intelligent Diagnostics
Veeam Intelligent Diagnostics is a feature that allows you to automatically detect known issues in configuration and performance of backup infrastructure. It enables Veeam ONE to parse logs from Veeam Backup & Replication servers and trigger alarms with recommendations based on the results of log analysis. This allows you to eliminate configuration issues without the necessity to address Veeam Technical Support.
Veeam Intelligent Diagnostics process involves the following components:
- Signatures — problem definitions that are based on common issues investigated by Veeam Technical Support.
Signatures are stored in Veeam ONE database and displayed as Intelligent Diagnostics alarms in the Alarm Management view.
Signatures can be updated manually or automatically. For more information on updating and importing signatures, see Managing Signatures.
- Veeam ONE agent — a component that enables communication with Veeam Backup & Replication servers, performs collection of logs, and sends remediation commands.
Veeam ONE agent can work in the following modes:
In this mode, Veeam ONE agent is responsible for analyzing log data and signature updates.
Veeam ONE agent server is included into Veeam ONE installation package and deployed on the machine running Veeam ONE Client server during product installation.
In this mode, Veeam ONE agent is responsible for collecting logs and executing remediation actions on Veeam Backup & Replication servers.
Veeam ONE agent client is deployed on Veeam Backup & Replication servers when you connect these servers to Veeam ONE. You can also deploy client agents from Veeam ONE Client. For more information on managing client Veeam ONE agents, see Managing Veeam ONE Agents.
For proper operation of Veeam Intelligent Diagnostics feature, Veeam Backup & Replication servers on which you deploy Veeam ONE agents must have a PowerShell module deployed. For more information on Veeam Backup PowerShell module, see Veeam PowerShell Reference.
How Veeam Intelligent Diagnostics Works
Veeam Intelligent Diagnostics works in the following way:
- When Veeam Intelligent Diagnostics session starts, Veeam ONE Client sends a command to Veeam ONE agent client to collect logs from Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Veeam ONE agent client creates a compressed log file and sends it to Veeam ONE agent server.
- Veeam ONE agent server parses Veeam Backup & Replication logs for known exceptions and error messages by comparing logs with signatures.
- If any known issues found, Veeam ONE Client triggers an alarm with recommendations and knowledge base articles from Veeam Technical Support.
How to Configure Veeam Intelligent Diagnostics
To configure Veeam Intelligent Diagnostics, perform the following steps:
- Install Veeam ONE agents on Veeam Backup & Replication servers connected to Veeam ONE and configure agent settings.
For details, see Managing Veeam ONE Agents.
- Obtain an up-to-date version of signatures.
For details, see Managing Signatures.
- Configure log analysis schedule or start log analysis session manually.
For details, see Performing Log Analysis.