You can install Veeam Backup for Salesforce on a virtual or a physical machine.
Before you begin installation, check the following prerequisites:
- Make sure the machine where you plan to install Veeam Backup for Salesforce meets the minimal system requirements.
It is recommended that you install Veeam Backup for Salesforce on a new or empty machine so that the management server does not conflict with other applications. Consider having enough free disk space for the metadata and file storage in the following location /opt/vbsf/vbsf-backup/data. If you plan to deploy PostgreSQL server locally on the management server, make sure you have enough space for databases. The default database location is /var/lib/pgsql/.
You cannot update Veeam Backup for Salesforce Beta version. You must perform a new installation of the product on a machine with a new or empty database and folders that do not contain any backups.
- Make sure the Linux system locale is set to UTF-8 on the machine where you plan to install Veeam Backup for Salesforce.
- To install Veeam Backup for Salesforce software packages, you must use the root or super user account to install the system components and services.
- If you have SELinux installed, you must allow httpd to connect to the network. To do that, send the following command:
sudo setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect on
- An EPEL repository must be added to allow Nginx installations. To add the repository, send the following command:
sudo yum install epel-release
For more information on EPEL, see EPEL Documentation.