Considerations and Limitations
When you plan to deploy and configure Veeam Backup for Salesforce, keep in mind the following limitations and considerations.
Supported Salesforce Offerings
- Salesforce provides multiple offerings that are built on one Salesforce Platform — Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Financial Cloud, Health Cloud and Education. Veeam Backup for Salesforce v1 supports backup of all data and objects available on the Salesforce Platform if these resources can be retrieved using the Salesforce API version 55 and earlier. This means that if an object or data cannot be obtained using standard Salesforce API requests, backup of these objects is not supported.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is leveraging another platform and is not protected by the product.
- Both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience are supported.
- Salesforce sandbox organizations as well as Salesforce production organizations can be protected by Veeam Backup for Salesforce.
- All Salesforce API-enabled editions are supported: Developer, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited.
- Backup of personal reports and dashboards is not supported due to Salesforce limitations.
- Backup of Salesforce Geolocation and Location fields, and Salesforce Field Service objects is not supported in Veeam Backup for Salesforce v1.
- Backup of encrypted fields is not supported.
- Backup of big objects is not supported.
- Backup of Salesforce objects listed in Appendix A. Unsupported Objects is not supported.
- Backup of certain metadata types is unsupported due to Salesforce limitations. For more information, see Salesforce Documentation.
- Restore of the EmailCapture, MobileApplicationDetail, MailmergeTemplate, QuoteDocument and ContentNote types of content is not supported in Veeam Backup for Salesforce v1.
- Restore of images in a rich-text format field is not supported in Veeam Backup for Salesforce v1.
The product Web UI uses the time zone of a machine from which you access Veeam Backup for Salesforce. However, the management server and databases use the UTC time zone for all operations. This means that, if you are located in the UTC+2 time zone and you schedule a backup policy to run at 10:00 AM, the policy will run at 8:00 AM UTC.
- Set the English language in the locale and account language settings for the user in Salesforce. It is required for error handler to work properly.
- Make sure you have assigned the user all the required permissions.