Considerations and Limitations
When you plan your deployment of Veeam Backup for Salesforce, keep in mind the following limitations and considerations.
Supported Salesforce Offerings
- Salesforce provides multiple offerings that are built on one Salesforce Platform — Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Financial Cloud, Health Cloud and Education. Veeam Backup for Salesforce 2.0 supports backup of all data and objects available on the Salesforce Platform if these resources can be retrieved using the Salesforce API version 57 and earlier. This means that if an object or data cannot be obtained using standard Salesforce API requests, backup of these objects is not supported.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is built on another platform and is not protected by the product.
- Both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience interfaces are supported.
- Salesforce sandbox organizations as well as Salesforce production organizations can be protected by Veeam Backup for Salesforce.
- All Salesforce API-enabled editions are supported: Developer, Enterprise, Performance, Professional (API access must be enabled), Unlimited.
- Backup and restore of personal reports and dashboards is not supported since Salesforce does not provide API to export and restore this type of data.
- Backup of encrypted field types is not supported.
- Backup of KnowledgeArticle types of objects is not supported
- Backup of BigObject types of objects is not supported.
- Backup of Salesforce objects listed in Appendix A. Unsupported Objects is not supported.
- Backup of certain metadata types is unsupported due to Salesforce limitations. For more information, see Salesforce Documentation.
- Restore of the MobileApplicationDetail and MailmergeTemplate types of content is not supported.
- Restore of embedded images in rich text area fields is not supported in Veeam Backup for Salesforce, except for images that are stored as content versions in FeedAttachment objects.
The product Web UI uses the time zone of a machine from which you access Veeam Backup for Salesforce. However, the management server and databases use the UTC time zone for all operations.
- Set the English language in the locale and account language settings for the user in Salesforce. It is required for error handler to work properly.
- Make sure that you have assigned the user all the required permissions.