Considerations and Limitations
When you plan to deploy and configure Veeam Backup for Salesforce, keep in mind the following limitations and considerations.
Backup and Restore
- Backup of Salesforce Geolocation and Location fields and Salesforce Field Service objects is not supported in Veeam Backup for Salesforce v1.
- Backup of encrypted fields is not supported.
- Backup of managed packages is not supported.
- Backup of Salesforce objects listed in Appendix A. Unsupported Objects is not supported.
- Restore of the EmailCapture, MobileApplicationDetail, MailmergeTemplate, QuoteDocument and ContentNote types of content is not supported in Veeam Backup for Salesforce v1.
- Restore of images in a rich-text format field is not supported in Veeam Backup for Salesforce v1.
The product Web UI uses the time zone of a machine from which you access Veeam Backup for Salesforce. However, the management server and databases use the UTC time zone for all operations. This means that, if you are located in the UTC+2 time zone and you schedule a backup policy to run at 10:00 AM, the policy will run at 8:00 AM UTC.
- Veeam Backup for Salesforce requires Salesforce API access to work. All Salesforce API-enabled editions are supported.
- For error handler to work properly, it is recommended to select the English language in the locale and account language settings on the Salesforce site.